MOF - Money On Floor
chart examples on dacharts
MOF 3 Signal
Trade by Buffy
- The MOF takes a high percentage trend trade. It is work to catch the
bottoms and tops. It is fun to trade the middle of a trend.
MOF stands for Money on Floor. It is just a fancy name for a pure price
The purpose of an MOF is to:
Catch the first lower high in an uptrend
Catch the first higher low in a downtrend.
Please refer to the chart (The color references are to the black background
chart) A white background chart is also attached.
1. Note price is
making a lower high here after making a lower low - trend has changed from
up to down.
- Bar has tagged the upper Bollinger Band.
- Bar colors are red showing the long term Stochastic in the 2X Study Window
has the %K lower than the %D.
2. In the 2X
Study Window note the following:
- The long term stochastic - two red lines - have rolled over to the
- There is still a spread between %K and %D.
- The short term stochastic - the red/yellow and green lines - have pulled
back along with price.
- We are looking for a short trade which is in the direction of the long
- It is not necessary for the short term stochastic to pull back into the
sell zone or even cross the longer term stochastic.
3. In the
Bline Study Window.
- The Bline is the white line with the colored circles.
- The other 4 lines are referred to as ribbons.
- Their relationship to the Bline and their direction is what sets up
- The Bline is falling.
- The Ribbons have pulled back up to the sell zone - this is only necessary
for the 5/3/3 (Cyan and Red lines) as you can have ribbon divergence which
is where the 5/3/3 and 9/3/3 do not stay together.
- This setup is called the first sell signal with a falling Bline.
- We are looking for a short which is in the direction of the Bline.
4. This is
the 3rd signal - Hidden Divergence-HD (May also be called Reverse or
- Price has made a lower high while the MACD histogram has made a higher
- Note the HD gave you plenty of warning this might be a 3 signal trade as
the divergence was present on the completion of the second up bar.
- Now it is just a matter of patience until the ribbons get to the sell
When these three signals are present, it is a very high percentage winning
When 2X and Bline signals are there, while it is still a high percentage
trade, you need to be more aware of what is going on in the higher and lower
One way to trade this would be to enter a sell stop just below the last
completed bar. Generally this is called "Stalking the
A simple way of describing this setup would be - The first touch of the
opposite Bollinger Band after the long term stochastic have turned.
Long term Stochastic down then touch of the upper band.
Long term Stochastic up then the touch of the lower band.
On this chart, the long term stochastic are down (bars red) and price tags
the upper Bollinger Band.
While this is on a 343 constant tick chart, the setup is the same on any
time frame. As with all indicators, the larger moves are on the higher time
ęsome material contained in this panel is copyrighted